This is our full 16 week CSA subscription! You'll be receiving a box of seasonal vegetables from us every week for 16 weeks. Each box will have about 7 - 10 seasonal vegetables, valued at over $35/box. You will also receive a surprise gift at the very end of the season, thanking you for your support.
Pick-up Location: Suzuya Japanese Market (6688 Southoaks Crescent, Burnaby)
Pick-up Times: 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM (during store hours)
Start Date: June 19, 2020 (Tentative, to be confirmed by e-mail).
Our vegetable boxes focus on culturally relevant Asian (mainly Japanese and Chinese) vegetables this is grown locally using ecologically responsible methods. Vegetables you'll see in the program include:
- Tomatoes (cherry and slicing)
- Broad Beans
- Herbs (Basil, Cilantro, Thyme, Shiso, Mint, and Mitsuba)
- Kabocha Squash
- Brussel Sprouts
- Pea Shoots
- Garlic Scapes
- Turnips (Salad and Purple Top)
- Japanese Cucumbers
- Pac Choi
- Yu Choi Sum
- Bitter Melon
- Daikon Radish (Purple, White, Watermelon, Mini)
- Peppers (Sweet, Shishito, Hot)
- Onion (Green onion, Storage, Sweet, Japanese Leek)
- Water Spinach
- Mustard Greens (Komatsuna, Misuna, Wasabina, Scarlet frill,
- Nappa Cabbage
- Burdock Root
- Sweet Potatoes
When signing up and purchasing a CSA share, you become a CSA Member. CSA Members agree to the following terms.
The farmer(s) as a relational agreement with its members will:
- Grow vegetables using ecologically responsible methods,
- Bring in a weekly supply of vegetables, and
- Send weekly email updates about the expected harvest.
In purchasing a share in the farmer’s weekly harvest, the CSA Member gains the opportunity to share in the seasonal abundance of a local BC farm. A CSA Member agrees to:
- recognize that farming is a seasonal and unpredictable undertaking, and the exact selections and quantities included in the weekly distribution will change as the season progresses,
- agree to share in the fluctuations and variations inherent in farming,
- agree to pick up produce at the agreed upon place and time (A member may also make arrangements for a friend to pick up their share in their absence. If the produce is not picked up and prior arrangements have not been made, that weeks’ share will be forfeited and Brave Child Farm will not be able to hold or deliver the share in any circumstance),
- understand that the farmers will use all the expertise and tools at their disposal to provide the agreed-upon length of harvest and to minimize the challenges of weather, pests or plant disease, but in the event that forces of nature reduce or destroy a crop will accept this with understanding,
- agree to pay for the year’s produce in advance, understand that non-payment of any installments will not result in a refund, and will result in forfeiture of any unpaid harvest weeks, and
- agree to share the risks of farming with the farmer and other members, but also in the rewards of a bountiful season.